Monday, October 20, 2014

The State of Utah's Department of Human Service, Office of Recovery Services

 So I have the extreme pleasure of dealing with the Office of Recovery Services in Utah. They handle child support. I have tried for 3 years to get a reduction in my child support, California set it, and since moving to Utah (I now live in South Carolina due to issues with Utah), two and a half years ago they have given me the run around.
 The initial form they ask you for is pretty simple to fill out, this is not the form requesting the paperwork, I filled it out completely, sent in the 2 pay stubs they asked for (note it said 2 pay stubs or last years W2) and waited for them to get back to me. They sent me two letters, one telling me that I did not include my W2 and they will throw out my case 10 days from the date of the letter, which was 7 days ago. The other is a packet of stuff asking me how much I am making now. I included that all in the first packet. Why do they need another packet of way more information to tell them what was included in the first packet. This is extremely frustrating.
 Meanwhile, my ex-wife is getting more than half of my paycheck, which isn't that much to begin with, getting more put into arrears, on top of getting daycare payments for my son who shouldn't be in that much day care to begin with. Granted I know he could still be in day care, he is only in the 2nd grade. But shouldn't the amount have decreased. But the Office of Recovery Services doesn't care about that, they don't care if they are charging me more than what they should. They couldn't care about being a non-custodial parent.
 I want to sue the state of Utah, but I doubt it would do anything. Bureaucrats will find a way out of paying for the issues they will cause always.
 So I am sitting here, unable to pay bills, unable to buy good food, unable to live a happy life while the State of Utah sits on paperwork, causes more paperwork to be done, and just overall makes my life a nightmare. I don't deserve this, and my wife doesn't deserve having to be the main breadwinner for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment