Sunday, June 7, 2009

Next part of the book, along with a little thought.

I recently made a post on The Daily Show forums, yes, I know, I dont really watch it all that much, but sometimes its on when I am at work, and lets face it, sometimes work is boring, so I watch it and listen to it.
But the topic that made me want to write on that Liberal friendly site was about Gay's in the Military. So many civilians are outraged about this topic, but they dont take the time to listen to people in the actual military talk about it, they say "Let them in" but thats not how the military works. Let me explain how the "Don't ask-don't tell" policy works. Anyone and everyone who wants to join the military can, there is a ban on gays in the military, but because of dont ask dont tell, they can, because technically, according to the military, there arent any serving. That is how the military thinks.
I wrote more on the topic, if you would like to read what I said here is a link, just understand, I am saying these things as how I think, as someone who has been in the military, they should go about trying to be more "equal" instead of just demanding that it happen. You dont do that in the military, you cant just force it to change its policies just like that. Here is the link, take it with a grain of salt:
http://forum.thedailyshow.com/tds/board/message?board.id=14067&thread.id=31
Ok, the thing that I wanted to say, the guy who responded to my thread, said that people might think I am not open minded. I have issues with the phrase "open minded". Why are conservatives the only ones considered close minded? If I call a liberal close minded because he doesnt agree with my point of view, how come they disagree with that. It doesnt make sense, is open mindedness only a one way street? If your mind isnt open to socially progressive ideas, you are wrong. This kind of hypocrisy upsets me, you cant only claim open-minds go only one way. But in my humble opinions, anyone who claims that you are close-minded are usually the most close-minded of them all.

But on to my book, here is a few more paragraphs:
But the way this ferret was following me around the room with his beady little eyes made me have to ask the owner of the shop about it.
"How much is that ferret?" I asked
"I dont even know why I have that guy anymore, all he does is bite and scratch anyone who ever comes in here, if they can even get their hands on him and then he acts indifferent to anyone else who comes in here."
"So he doesnt normally stare down everyone who comes in this shop?"
"That's the first time I have seen him do it in the three years he has been here."
"So how much is he worth?"
"Well if you dont mind being mauled by an elongated rat, I guess I could let him go for one-hundred dollars."
By the time I realized that there was something special about how intensely the ferret was following my every move. At that time, when the shop keeper told me the price, the ferret bared his teeth, and hissed at me, while arching his back.
"You know what, I really need to get rid of him, 3 years is a long time for me to have held on to him, fifty dollars cash and he is yours."
It could've just been my imagination, but I believe that I saw a smirk as the ferret settled down after the price was lowered. I took that as a sign to buy him. I gave the owner fifty dollars, picked up some of the other things that I would need; a cage for slee, a few toys to curb his curiousity and a few cans of processed ferret food.
Getting everything in a bag and coaxing him into the cage so that I could get him home, he brushed up against my hand as I closed the cage door.
-It's about time you showed up, this place is boring.-
"Excuse me?"
"I didnt say anything." Said the shop owner. "Is something wrong?"
"No, I just thought I heard someone say something."
-I did say something, now lets get out of here, I want something real to eat, that ferret food is worse than the cat food I had to endure the last 6 years.-
"Umm, okay."
"Okay... okay what?" asked the shop keeper.
"Uh, okay I am out of here, thank you so much, and have a wonderful day."
As I walked out of the shop, I saw the owner stare after me and shake his head, but then he turned back and counted out the money that I had just paid him, I am sure he was happy to finally get rid of his most troublesome pet.
-So where are we going, I am hungry for some real food._
I looked around to see if anyone else was around; it was just me, walking out to my parked car. I looked down at the ferret; he seemed to be looking right back up at me. There is no way that the ferrret could be talking to me, no way, I thought to myself that I didnt feel crazy.
-I dont know if you are crazy either, but we really should get something to eat now that I found you.-
"Am I really having this conversation with myself?" I mutter as I got my key out to open the car door.
-Have a conversation later, I dont eat much but I am really hungry.-
"Are you really talking ot me?' I said this as I was looking at the ferret in the cage, which I was slowly lowering onto the passenger seat. "And am I really talking to you right now?" I looked around confirming the fact that I was the only one around, at least no one can hear me talking to a ferret in a cage.
-I think that I have shown that I can understand you, just like you can understand me.-
Luckily at that time I had the cage close to the seat, as I dropped it from surprise. Not everyday that you have a ferret that speaks straight into your mind.
-Hey, watch it!-
"Sorry, so hey, do I really have to talk to you out loud?" Or can I just think and you can hear it?
-I dont know, I am new to this as well, I just knew that you were the one that I was supposed to be with. But I did hear everything you said, or thought.-
Good, so what is going on? Why are you here, why are we able to talk, why did you pick me? Even though I wasn't speaking to the ferret at that time, I did look up in time to see a couple whisper to each other and point in my direction. I realized that I was sitting in my car, both hands on top of the cage staring down into it intently. He just casually looked around the car, then looked up at me and did what I can only describe as a yawn.
-So are we going to get something to eat, like I said before, that crap you bought tastes horrible, now that I have you I am not going to eat that anymore. So where is the nearest eating tube around here.-
I dont know about an eating tube, but what kind of food do you like to eat, I mean what can you eat?
-I can eat whatever you eat although in this form I do like meat a lot more than anything else. By the way my name is Rylar Vault.-
And my name is Dan Cooper.
So without asking what he meant by "this form", I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the nearest fast food restaurant. I asked Rylar what he wanted to eat, he told me that it didnt matter much, as long as it was tasty. So I bought him a cheeseburger and when I put it in his cage he started taking small bites telling me of how delicious it was. I wasnt really hungry so I just drove home, carried everything that I had bought up the stairs to my apartment.

That is enough for now, stay tuned for more.

1 comment: