Saturday, June 20, 2009

No one has commented on my writings....

So I will take it as though you are all in awe of my eloquence. Yeah, that sounds about right. I will be posting the next few paragraphs, which is Dan's first time falling asleep after meeting Rylar.
I wanted to take this time to share a story. I havent been able to attend church for the longest time. My work schedule rarely gives me Sundays off. So lately the missionaries have been stopping by, and my home teachers have been really good about coming around to see if I need anything, the first time in about 2 years. My ward just split, I will say that I will be able to at least attend Sacrament meeting when my schedule shifts in July.
But when the missionaries visited we were talking about just random things, and I was mentioning my issues that I am having right now with not being able to see Kennedy and Kyler, and we got to talking about judges among other things. Well the Jr companion pulled out a verse from Alma 10:27
"And now behold, I say unto you, that the foundation of the destruction of this people is beginning to be laid by the unrighteousness of your lawyers and your judges."
It really got me thinking about how judges are getting into things that they are not really for them to decide. Judges are there to judge according to the law, not according to how they feel about a certain topic.
Now, I am not preaching doom and gloom and the end of the world. I also understand the checks and balances of the government, that they are there for a reason. But when a group of 7 people are able to overturn the will of millions of people, something is wrong. Especially when those people arent elected officials, and usually placed there by people who have an agenda. And that is my rant for today. Stay tuned for more book.

1 comment:

  1. My comment is never post more than the first chapter of your book if you are serious about publishing it. Thieves are everywhere. When I published a story in SEVENTEEN magazine (and this was years ago) a girl in high school claimed that she'd written it. They had to contact me and I had to prove that I HAD WRITTEN MY OWN STORY.

    Be careful. Once it's on the net it's out of your control.

    ReplyDelete